Friday, May 14, 2010

After removing fake nails, I now have a permanent crack in one of my nails. How can I cure this?

I have tried an anti-fungal ointment and tea tree oil but neither one helped.After removing fake nails, I now have a permanent crack in one of my nails. How can I cure this?
I've been told that what I have from the last time I had acrylic nails (maybe it's different than yours?) is internal damage and there's nothing that can be done to reverse it, but it WAS caused by the drills or the harsh removal of the acrylic. I have a smooth, white line running right up the center of my right thumb nail and when it grows out, it's actually thinner on the underneath side of the nail so it breaks or splits BADLY and very easily. Not good. I'm gonna watch this post and see if there's other suggestions or you describe your damage better for us. THANKS!After removing fake nails, I now have a permanent crack in one of my nails. How can I cure this?
Ahh, sorry - I've been told there's nothing I can do about it ...from my (NEW) manicurist to my Dr.!

Report Abuse



This has happened to me. I bought vitamen E capsuls, broke them open and rubbed it on the area. It worked for me.
When my finger nail cracks down the middle I eat more jello. It takes a while to grow back, but it works.
You should only wear fake nails 3 days at a time. Leave them off for 2 days. Your nails need air to stay healthy. To make your nails stronger, eat gelitan, a.k.a. JELL-O. It takes time to repair or grow out the crack.
Hopefully you can grow it out - which in that case, you can just clip it off, albeit it may ACTUALLY be permanent ..
This may be an emotional issue due to the fact that nothing physical is helping. Each finger muscle stores different emotions, if you want to know, which finger is it???
It's not really curable, you just have to let it grow out. nails do grow pretty quick, it will probably be completely grown out to the point where you can clip it off for your next manicure in about a month. I would not recommend getting new fake nails on it until after it has grown out becuase of the risk of fungal growth between the real and fake nails. Continue to apply the antifungal ointment in the meantime though and it should be good as new in a month.
  • cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment