Friday, May 14, 2010

How do I get rid of my new fake nails? ( I have had anxillary surgery following breast cancer)?

I just got false nail tips with an acrylic coating but bumped one and its sore. I remembered that I have to be careful of my hands as I have have had surgery to remove the lymph glands under my arm and may get lymphodema from any type of infection in that arm or hand.


I know I made a mistake but how to fix it!How do I get rid of my new fake nails? ( I have had anxillary surgery following breast cancer)?
First thing you need to do is wash your hands carefully with soap and water and if there is any broken skin or even suspected broken skin where the fingernail is sore you should apply antibiotic ointment for a couple days until you are sure there is no infection. You should do this same routine every time you have any potential skin breaks or scratches.





I'd go have the fake nails removed and then do the cleansing routines described above and hope that no infection gets started. Lymphedema can be a real pain and once it gets started you have to deal with it daily - all day every day. My advice is to always take very good care of your skin at all times because it just took a tiny nick to get my lymphedema started.





good luckHow do I get rid of my new fake nails? ( I have had anxillary surgery following breast cancer)?
i went to beauty school you take acetone nail polish remover put it in a glass bowl heat in microwave until warm not to hot but not cold soak hands and cover hands and bowl with a towel for a good 20 min then scrap off with butter knife repeat if necessary make sure you reheat!!!
try dipping your finger nails into an acetone based nail polish remoer and it should help to disolve the glue, it might take a few times but eventually they should all come off. Alternatively im sure u can get somethin from the chemist that will do the same thing
you can soak the finger in acetone finger nail polish remover it will take a while but the acetone will dissolve the finger nail

No comments:

Post a Comment