Sunday, January 17, 2010

Can I have a fake or acryllic nail put on?

I had my big toenail removed almost 15 years ago. I was wondering if it is possible to have an acryllic nail put on. Would the chemicals burn the nail bed? Would a nail that gets glued on be better to use? Just wondering.


Thanks in advanceCan I have a fake or acryllic nail put on?
You can indeed get an acrylic nail molded to look like your actual toenail. The acrylic does not affect the nailbed, however, you should make sure that an antifungal agent is put on prior to the nail being made. Unfortunately, you should steer clear of polishes that show the nail because it will look different from your natural toenails.


Other than that, I'm sure you will be happy with your new nail.... and feel good in wearing sandals again. I know I sure do.Can I have a fake or acryllic nail put on?
Why not call your local nail salon, or a foot doctor?
so if im understanding you correctly your entire nail is gone????? if that is the case then i honestly and professionally would not allow you to get a nail enhancement on that toe.....one of the commenters said that you can....well i'm telling you you cant....the acrylic heck the primer alone would irritate that bed.....i would stay clear of that and just continue to get regular pedicures....i mean i fully understand its sandal time but your health is/should be more important than your tootsies being cute....am i right???? i wouldnt tell you anything wrong....its my job to educate as well as make ppls hands and feet look good.....oh and the ones that you glue on would be a no no as well

No comments:

Post a Comment