Thursday, January 21, 2010

I got fake nails and when I took them off my nails are now messed up. What do I do?

I got gel nails for the first time when I normally get acrylic. My nail tech uses more expensive gel so I acetone didn't work to take them off. I had to manually file them off. I don't know if I filed too low, but now my nails are starting to lift from my skin. What can I do to treat my nails?I got fake nails and when I took them off my nails are now messed up. What do I do?
you just have to let them grow out dont do anything else to them it will only mess them up furtherI got fake nails and when I took them off my nails are now messed up. What do I do?
Of course acetone didn't work to remove your 'gel' nails. It never does. Filing them off is the ONLY way to remove real UV gel nails - expensive or not. UV nail gels do NOT soak off in acetone. If they do soak off in acetone, then you don't have gel nails. You have acrylic nails... Simple as that.


Just take good care of them for now. Don't be too rough with them. Treat with cuticle oil 2-3 times a day, every day. Use a nail strengthener if needed, but don't use it for a prolonged period. Also, wear gloves when your hands will be exposed to water or household chemicals for a prolonged period such as when doing dishes, or cleaning.


Keep those nails well mositurized, and they will recover in no time at all. Well, it may take a couple of weeks, or even a month or two. But, they'll get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment